Third Quarter Accomplishments (CY 2019):
Agency’s 2019 Communication Plan was enhanced and approved for the second semester. The Plan focuses on advocacy work to strengthen implementation of the JJWA. Target are legislators, partner NGOs and CSOs, media, celebrities, and the general public.
- Final versions of advocacy videos in the Communication Plan for the 1st semester were all approved:
- Testimonial videos of police officer, social worker, and three (3) former CICLs with success stories; and
- Four (4) documentary videos of status of cases of CICL featured in viral videos and news
- JJWC Quality Management System FAQs
The pretested and approved Frequently Asked Questions booklet on JJWC’s Quality Management System was disseminated among JJWC and RJJWC officials and employees for reference in an effort to strengthen national and regional secretariats as one of agency’s strategic outcomes and also in time for the agency’s ISO 9001:2015 re certification audit.
- JJWC Service Charter
JJWC Service Charter billboard was posted at the Maginhawa Office, one of the requirements of the Administrative Order No. 25, s. 2018, where all departments, bureaus, offices and other agencies of the national government, including the JJWC, to “maintain/update their Citizen’s or Service Charter or its equivalent”.
- ICMP Process Flowcharts
The material has been approved by the management for mass production and is set to be disseminated at RJJWC level in the next quarter. The Integrated Care Management (ICM) Protocol Flowcharts shall breathe life to the intention of the law to institutionalize an integrated, coordinated and collaborative approach by all relevant agencies and duty-bearers in the management of cases of CAR and CICL.
- Drafted and endorsed the initial design of the following IEC materials to Policy and Research Division’s for review, comment and approval.
- 2018 Situational Analysis of CAR and CICL in the Philippines;
- CNJIP 2018-2022 and
- Flowcharts on Children Allegedly Involved in Drugs
Pilot Testing of Training Module on Barangay Protocol was conducted on September 9-11, 2019 in Cagayan De Oro participated by various stakeholders i.e. Brgy. Officials, PNP, LSWDO from selected LGUs of Region X.
JJWC started with exploratory efforts on approved activities for the 8th JJWeek, including meetings with prospect media partners and other institutions, resource persons, JJWC champions and celebrities for promotion of the event, etc. Among activities set for the observance are:
- Spoken Word Poetry – A national competition to be participated by CICLs from RRCYs. This is an activity wherein children will express their views through spoken word poetry with regard to their experiences as recipient of services under the Juvenile Justice and Welfare Act.
- Digital Arts Contest – a National Secretariat activity for the 8th JJWeek, the contest is open to Filipino students who are 15-17 years old from Metro Manila, Region III and Region IV-A CALABARZON. This aims to exhibit a collection of digital artworks that raise and increase awareness on the role of duty-bearers and the community on the reformation of CICL, from the Filipino students’ creative perspective.
- Production and dissemination of promotional materials – advocacy t-shirts were produced and are set to be delivered to regional secretariats along other materials that are being procured in the next quarter for the 8th JJWeek activities. Council members, partner NGOs and CSOs, and attendees of activities are target audiences of the materials. The production of promotional materials generally directs to reinforce the delivery of the Council’s advocacy message in line with call for full and strengthened implementation of the JJWA to legislators and duty-bearers, and with raising and creating awareness of the general public on the law. This also aims to use the produced items as supporting materials for future educational and advocacy activities of the JJWC.
- Setting up of JJWC Information Desk in selected schools and malls within Metro Manila. Conducted ocular visit to possible venue for the culminating event to include National Museum, Museo Pambata, Cultural Center of the Philippines, City of Valenzuela among others.